Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I have three babies in still. They are here to gain weight, and since one of them is black he can't be adopted out until November. For the record yes I am counting my black cats. So far they are all here, so that is a good thing.
Rusty actually really likes one of the fosters. Rusty tries very hard to not get attached to the cats, but this one has won his heart, so I am thinking about giving it to Rusty for our anniversary. Rusty even named this cat.... his name is Bradley.
Amber is still looking for a job. She did get the job as a go go dancer, and she did for a few nights, but Rusty said it was very fishy, so Amber has not been back. Will she ever find a job? I swear there are no jobs here in California.
I have recently started speaking to my mother but only on topics that do not cause an argument. I guess that is something. At least we are doing that.
For now I am done with all the quilts for the marines. I do need to make a few for the two guys that are leaving in the spring, but they can wait. Right now I am working on some quilts for the shelter, and a quilt for one of Nikkis friends.
I have also been thinking about who I am going to adopt next year. Last year I made quilts for the veterans home, and this year I made lap quilts for the shut ins. It is very heavy on my heart that I need to make baby quilts. So I talked with a fellow j lander and she is going to see if her church could use them. This is a big jump for me because I don't usually make baby blankets unless I know I am going to need them, but my heart is telling me to make baby blankets.
I must say that summer is over and I am so sad to have to put my flip flops away. I need to learn to enjoy the cooler weather, but as of yet I have not. I guess growing up right out side of Chicago has made me not want any cooler weather.
Well I need to go to the store and get busy. Life is calling me, so I need to get to it.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
* Amber said that she was going to go apply for a job as a go go dancer. I told her to go for it. She walks around here in shorts and shakes her bum, she might as well get paid for it.
* I got three new kittens in. They are here just until after Halloween. One of them is black and they won't adopt out black cats around Halloween. Rusty has fallen in love with this cat and has renamed him bradly.
* Speaking of cats, I have mice. How in the world does a women with four cats and three foster cats have mice? I don't get it, but the cats are slowly killing them. Which is a good thing.
* I think I broke my sewing machine yesterday. I was sewing on some upholstery material when it started acting up. I know better then to sew heavy stuff on my machine, but I did it anyway. I will have to look at it this morning and see if I cant figure something out. I have a quilt that I need to finish damn it.
* Rusty and I went to the ball and we had a good time. I did fit into that little red dress, but I think it will be the last time I wear it. It is starting to fray. I must say that I did look good.
* I got my hair trimmed the day of the ball. She only took off an inch, but it felt like more. So now it is two inches above my bum. The poor lady and to get on her knees to cut and straighten my hair. I offered to stand up, but she said no.
* One of the marines is in hot water and she goes on trial tomorrow. The chips will fall where they may.
*time to get busy and get some stuff done.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
This trip has been awesome, and I am so glad that I made this trip! Everyday Rusty has kissed me and thanked me for coming with him. These sales are a big job and he truly appreciates the help that I give him. Spending time with the love of my life and knowing that my simple act of helping, means so much to him, is just another way for me to show Rusty how much I love him.
Tonight Rusty and I were driving around and I must say that I think Yuma is beautiful. Rusty use to come here when he was a boy and he has nothing but fond memories, and he loved showing me around.
There is something magical about a desert community. I love the desert, the Spanish influence and the sunsets here can take your breath away. I would be happy to live here.
While Rusty and I were driving around something very strange hit me. I remember my mom saying that she hated Yuma and that it was a hell hole. Yet, here I am loving this little town.
This past year has been very hard on mine and my mothers relationship. My mother has even cancelled her tickets, so she won't be coming out for Christmas.
You know, everyone has a right to be happy and to live their lives. That is what I am going to continue to do. I will not allow her to suck the life out of me, I will not allow her to say negative things, and most of all I will not be forced to have a relationship with someone that I have no desire to have a relationship with.
This is my life. I choose happiness and love. Tomorrow we will leave Yuma and go back home, and then it is back to my life.