Saturday, January 14, 2012

my rock

This week has gone by so fast that I am not even sure where to start. Last Sunday night I said to Rusty "baby my boob hurts, so I am going to the er, I will call you if I need a ride home." I been waiting to go to the e.r. because I wanted to wait until Jan 1 so all my money would go to this years deductible.

Not only was one breast swollen and sore, but the other one was starting to get that way. I figured they would give me some meds and send me on my way. OH they gave me antibiotics and pain meds via iv. So I had to call Rusty to call and come get me. On Monday I went and got my prescription's filled and started a hunt for a doctor that would take my champ va insurance.

Wednesday night I went and saw a family practice doctor and he was shocked had swollen my boobs were. The doctor thought he was going to drain them, but I assured him that without some extreme pain meds, he would not be draining them. I went on to explain that the last doctor that tried to drain them without strong drugs ended up pitting a line in me and giving me very strong meds. The Doctor and the nurse were in shock. They just could not believe that i was walking around with swollen boobs, and that i have been walking around like this for so long. The Doctor gave me a prescription for Oxycontin, and they set me up for an ultra sound. May i say for the record that oxy is a wonderful drug.

Thursday morning I got up and went in for my ultra sound. Then a lady comes out and asked me if i had ever had a mammogram. I told her yes, and then she asked me if i wanted to get another one done today. I tried to explain to her that I was there for an ultra sound and nothing more, but she kept trying to get me to say that i wanted a mammogram. NO bitch I don't want a mammogram. I have puss dripping from my boob and I will be damned if you are going to press my boobs between two plates!

I got home from the ultra sound and I was in pain, so I took a pain pill and laid down. No sooner had I laid down that my phone rang. It was the nurse from the doctors office. She had found a surgeon that would be willing to me, but I had to be in his office before 1 pm. OK i can do that. Rusty got dressed and drove me over there.

What I did not know at the time was that the surgeons fax machine was about to catch fire! He had every doctor, and hospital fax over every record from the past two years. The doctor knew more about me then any stranger had a right to.

After looking at my breast, we went and got Rusty and we decided that surgery would be the best way to handle this. I was immediately taken over to the e.r. and was admitted to the hospital. After sever test and some really good pain drugs, all I can remember is the nurse saying my name and trying to wake me up. I wish she would have left me a sleep, because I was in no pain while i was a sleep.


LYN said...

what is wrong with your boobs? Mastitis? I must have missed sounds awful though...
Oxy's are awesome...the only thing that takes care of my headaches and impossible to get here ..all the military will give me is motrin...:-(

abo-bder said...

شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!