Wednesday, December 2, 2009

baking and guns


Yesterday I was determined to have a good day.
I found out that one of my boys is heading back home! Yes. He will finally be home. He was suppose to be home for Thanksgiving, and he missed that, but he will be home for Christmas. He asked Rusty and I to go to a bbq with him and then he wanted to come back here. I told him that I would be there for sure, and we would have to look at Rusty's work schedule.
Yesterday Chris turned 19. We did not do anything big and fancy. I made him the dinner that he wanted and we got him something small. He had a great time, and we were thrilled to see him so happy.
Yesterday I also found out that I will be getting two new foster babies today! I cant wait. I love having babies in the house.
Amber ran to a friend of ours, and her daughter was selling candy outside the grocery store. So Amber bought a bar and my friend told Amber that she will be baking on the 22, so I better bring my Christmas platter over so she can fill it for me. YUM.
I also found out that my mom is sending out my dads bb guns, so Santa is going to bring them for the girls. I also saw a bb gun that I wanted to buy Ryan. Yep Santa has lost his mind this year. He is bringing the children guns for Christmas.
Then when I logged onto my facebook account I saw that a dear friends son was injured and is now in a hospital in Germany. Damn this war. I just sat there looking at the screen and wondering how and why this happened. I knew what I had to do, but see, I have never met this lady we only know each other through blogs and facebook.
I saw that she was on line and I i.m.ed here and asked her if I could have her number. She gave it to me and we talked for a while. This morning I sent here family several links to help them find the resources that they would need.
I just knew I had to do something. I just could not, not reach out. Everyone out there, please remember that we have boys and girls fighting in a war, and some are about to leave. Let's not forget that this holiday season.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I pray your friend's son in Germany does well.

Traci said...

Praying for your friend's son. Tell Chris I said Happy Belated Birthday!

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!