Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday was awesome!


Yesterday was so laid back and yet so full of fun!
The girls and I swung in and picked up my girlfriend, and we headed south. So we get everything set up and I am standing there just staring at the ocean. Then it happened. I saw a fin, and then another fin, and another . Holy Crap the dolphins were in so close! Yep I got in the water and swam with the dolphins. It was amazing.
Nikki was standing on the beach yelling at me. I just looked at her and she kept pointing at her wrist. Man it was time to go. I was like a two year old being drug away from her favorite toy. So many waves so little time.
This afternoon we are heading over to the coast to see the tall ship festival. I have never been on one of those old three mast ships so it should be a good time. Note to self: grab one of the girls cameras. I am just looking forward to spending time with my family. It is not often that Rusty and I can find something that we both want to go do, so I will have a blast just walking around holding hands with my husband.
I have decided that I do want to do Thanksgiving this year. I just want to do any of it, so I am sending the girls off on an adventure. Nikki will be going to Vegas to help pack food baskets and Amber is going to go to San Francisco to see one of her uncles. I asked Chris if he wanted to go some place. He said that he would get back to me.
One of the female marines was in shock when I told her that I did not want to do Thanksgiving. So she suggested that we go to the shelter and take care of the animals. I think that would be a great idea. We can go take care of them and then maybe go to the ocean for a bit. Rusty said that he would grill some steaks. I think this sounds perfect.
Last night Rusty and I went to dinner and I told Rusty that I did not even want to do Christmas this year. A few years ago the children sucked the life right out of me and that was when I became a scrooge. So last year I made the children do all the decorating. This year they can do the same. I am thinking about going and getting four big bags and just throwing all their gifts in one big bag. Rusty told me to be very careful because Ryan loves the Christmas thing. Decorating, cookies, presents. Maybe my mood will change by then who knows.
I still have not spoken to my mom. I guess I should give her a call, but the tickets are bought, so.... Oh I just don't have the energy to deal with her. I am having such a good few weeks, and I just don't want the life sucked out of me.
Well, I need to go get ready to head out. Life is good

4 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

Paul would kill me if I didn't do Thanksgiving. He looks forward to my Turkey every year. I think working at the shelter is an excellent idea. (Hugs)Indigo

Paula said...

I say do what makes you happy for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

A Bishops Wife said...

You are right...your mood may change by then but...I am not even thinking about holidays yet.

I have done the BIG GIFT bag thing and I personally, thought it worked out really well.

I by cookies and treats at holiday time. We do as little as possible while still having something.

We have our own Turkey day.
Just us.
We have tried the "family thing" the kids hate it.

We do our own Christmas thing too.
Maybe a Christmas Eve thing at MOMs but NO gifts just food and treats.

Us and the kids are much more somfortable with simple.

betty said...

I bet you did enjoy your time at the beach and swimming with the dolphins; sounds like lots of fun

sometimes it is nice to get out of routines and do something different at the holidays; sometimes new traditions get started that way too; I know you'll make the right decision for Thanksgiving and Christmas when the time comes

hey, like the cooler weather we are having today??

betty

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!