Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thanks to my past


I never saw this coming. A few weeks ago one of Nikki's friends asked me why I open my home to anyone. I simply said "entertain strangers for as much as you have known you have entertained an angle."
This week I opened my home up to one of the marines sisters. This gal is young, 22, and she is separated from her husband that is getting ready to deploy. They also have a very handi cap child.
My home is open, and I have been driving them around and I have really gotten to know this gal, and I have a feeling we are going to be good friends.
Yesterday I asked Danaya, the friend, and Amber if they wanted to go to the lake. Everyone said yes except Danaya said " How can I take the baby down to the lake, we can't get her all wet, because of her feeding tube." I just laughed. I ended up making the baby a chair... out of sand.... and I shaded her with an umbrella. We had a blast.
Later that night I told Rusty that I am glad that we had Ryan because I am now able to share all of my own experiences and help this mom. Never in a million years would I have guessed that my life with Ryan would be able to help someone else, but it has.
I have spent the last few days rocking the baby, sewing and just cleaning up around the house. I love having a baby in the house.
Rocking a baby is the perfect past time. Life is so good

10 comments:

Joann said...

Sounds like you are doing REAL well for people!! You will be blessed!!

Gerry said...

Oh this entry touched me so much it made me cry. This is so true, and I am so glad that you have found a way to help someone else with a handicapped child through Ryan. For that can only make you feel the burden of a handicapped child is a little lighter from being shared with others.

Paula said...

I'm sure that mother appreciated all the help you gave her.

betty said...

that is neat you can help out that young mom so much, Kelli and let her and her baby enjoy some fun times together!! you'll definitely be blessed with this whole experience

(did you get my message about the sermon you wanted?)

(I hope Amber finds something soon too; I'll pass things along as I find them if they might be of interest to her; Mr. Cadillac and me are blitzing everything we know of to help him find something so I've been helping look online a lot for him)

betty

dragonflydreamer said...

I really needed to read this post. It touched me and helped me to realize what is missing in my life right now that I haven't been able to put my finger on. I share your belief that opening our hearts and homes to people who need something we may have to offer not only helps them, but helps us also. My home is quieter and lonlier now that my boys are grown and I lost my job. You will be blessed and so will the people who are fortunate enough to be a part of your life.

Sage Ravenwood said...

It's been awhile since I've held a baby in my arms. Then again I'm in no rush for my daughter to make me a grandmother. Beautiful heartfelt post hon! (Hugs)Indigo

Linda's World said...

What a blessing you can be to this young mother...I hope things work out for her & her husband, she's going to have a rough road if she tries to mother this child on her own. Linda in Washington state

Traci said...

Sounds like you two need each other at this time! Blessings. I love rocking a baby. I have two friends with little ones right now and I love to snuggle them. AND give them back!!!

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

You are such a blessing and teach us all how to be angels on earth. Someday I hope to fly to Ca. just to spend the day with you in person. You and your family mean so much to me.

Pamela said...

This entry was so touching. You are such a good person.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!