Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two boys leave


Yesterday two of my marines got a call from their mother, and then the red cross message followed. Louis and LeeRoy, my Cajun twins, are heading home to be with their sister who has a brain tumor and is not doing well. I wish there was more I could do for them, but I did what I could and I just sat and talked to them.
Today I stumbled across something that really made me think. Hemp oil. I was reading about a mother that took her child and ran because the doctors wanted to give him chemo. I am against chemo. What other people do is fine with me, but for me I don't believe it is the be all and end all of cancer treatment.
My mother and I agree that chemo is bad, but yet my mother still pushes me to have surgery. I don't want surgery. So today I found a link and I clicked on it. It was talking about the benefits of hemp oil.
Over the past few years I have read a lot about hemp and I have never really given it much thought until this morning. That was when I went to my fridge and pulled out my hemp oil. I use hemp oil on my hair and on my skin, but I never even considered drinking it. Now I am drinking it.
I am still taking all of my other supplements and now I am adding hemp oil to it. I am determined to heal my body a natural way, and not let the doctors and the drug companies tell me what "works".
One my to do list today is some sewing, and some cleaning. I am sure that my children will add more to the list, but I am going to try to keep it light, so that way I can get in some sun tanning.
One of the kittens is weened. I am so happy! That is one less bottle I have to make, and one less I have to feed. Now if I could just get the other three weened. That will come in time.
My daily grind is calling me, so I better get to it.

4 comments:

Missie said...

I have watched a woman die a slow death because she chose natural remedies instead of a masectomy and chemo. She would have been 99.9 % cured if she would have had the chemo.

I think using natural remedies most of the time is a good thing, but when it comes to cancer, you must fight fire with fire.

I sure hope the two boy's sister will be okay.

Enjoy your evening.

Anonymous said...

I met people, while I was running an Oncology practice, who only wanted natural cures, but then when they did not work, did resort to chemo. Everyone has the right to make the decision themselves, but each person should be educated on the pros & cons. For some forms of cancer, I admit, I would not personaly seek treatment, but for others I would. A teen I am very close to is in remission right now & able to attend college, without chemo & rad, she would have passed by now. I am not finger-wagging, just saying make an educated choice, and of course,the choice is always yours.
I've never heard of adverse hemp oil affects & I have heard some very good things. Wishing you well.
~Mary

moshell's lilbit of space said...

just be careful kelli....My best friend has lupus of the kidney and she has done both treatments (natural & medical) but the natural has worked for her for years.....now....she may have to resort back to the medical (which she did start with - after remission she started the natural). because she is out of remission. It is a difficult choice to make. But I will tell you the "c" word...is an ugly, slow death......

i am not pointing you to any direction because I believe it IS up to an individual, but asking for you to just research both options to your fullest & then decide....OK?

Love to you. Michele

Melissa said...

I hope the natual remedies help.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!