Thursday, May 28, 2009

life keeps happening

I have just been so busy with life. Why is that? Why does life get busy, but you can't really put your finger on what has made you busy.

The babies are doing good, and let me tell you they are a hand full. They are running everywhere and learning to play. They have learned to sing to me every morning when they want their breakfast, Once you put the food down, you better run because they will bite you if you don't get out of their way.

Nikki got a summer job. She will be babysitting and I am really hoping that this job goes well for her. It is in the next town over, so that means a lot of driving for me. I guess I will have to deal with it until Nikki gets her permit.

Amber is out petitioning. She is not happy about it, but she is out doing it none the less. I told Amber now that school is over, I will take her cell phone and drop her from the insurance. I made it very clear that until she gets a job she will petition. She is not happy, but at least she is doing it and I am finally being taken seriously.

Chris has no cell phone, or should I say that it did work and then it didn't and now it does. Chris's sister add a line so that Chris could have a cell phone. Now she is not paying her bill. I just shook my head. Chris's sister moved back home, so I am betting that the mom has something to do with it. I told Chris to just tell his sister to not worry about it and that I would go buy Chris a to go phone. I swear his "family" just keeps throwing stuff at him, but that is o.k. because that gives me the opportunity to do the right thing.

Ryan will be out of school next week. I am so not looking forward to that. That means I will be stuck with a child that wants to do nothing but play video games. Ryan does not even want to go to the lake....ever. If I force him to go he will sit next to me and moan the entire time. If he is not moaning then he is asking if we can go home. I hate summers with Ryan. I don't think he is going to summer school this year because California claims they are broke. Whatever.

My car is still over heating. I am so sick of it. I told Rusty to sell it and he said "we can't". Oh yes we can! I lived without a car for a very long time. I use to walk everywhere with three children, and I can do it again! Besides, we will still have another car, it will just make Amber upset that she won't have "her" car. I am thinking it would be a good thing to just be done with it. One less car I have to register and insure. It works for me.

I am still in the middle of making two quilts for the marines. I will still have three to go once these are done. These boys really keep me on my toes. I am just making simple 9 patches and then sewing them together. It is very random, but I am still trying to use what I have on hand. While I am sewing the 9 patches for the boys, I am also make an extra 9 patch and turning them into pet quilts. June is coming up fast, so I also need to get another lap quilt done for the shut ins. How do I get myself into this situations?

Yesterday I took an English riding sale into a e bay store. I am going to take that money and set it aside for the girls to use to go to college this fall. It won't cover everything, but it will sure help. Nikki will be taking an English class in college and her high school will pay for the class. That will help out a lot. Plus she will be getting high school and college credit for it.

Well the babies are sleeping, so I better go get their litter box cleaned out, and change all their blankets. Life keeps happening, and Life is good.

5 comments:

betty said...

(((Kelli))) Don't you love it? I know what you mean, we are busy but sometimes I wonder what I accomplish in a day. you know as hard as it is with Ryan not wanting to do much except play video games this summer and you wanting him to be out being active, it might be one of those battles you just let go. I speak from experience with dealing with my daughter. She never rarely wanted to do anything with us other than if it included food or going to a movie or something like that, but if we wanted to play a game together or something else, she was not interested. When she finally got diagnosed with Aspergers (high functioning autism) the doctor said that it was okay for us to invite her along but if she didn't want to go it was no reflection against us, it was because of her preferring to be by herself and doing what she wanted to do. Maybe you can just tell Ryan it will be one time a week you would like him to go to the lake or do this or that and have him occupy his days with video games. Perhaps a few simple chores for him, but you know him best, and what is good for him. I know when we backed off from insisting that my daughter come and participate, our stress level went down significantly and she actually sometimes initiated coming somewhere herself without us saying anything. Of course she was 15 at the time and was able to safely (for the most part) be home by herself for periods of time.

It is hard though, I truly know it and I know you know Ryan so much better than I ever will.

glad Nikki got a job; babysitting is a good thing to do. you just got to do what you got to do these days to bring in some money, however creative you can be

betty

Sage Ravenwood said...

I feel bad for Chris that his family isn't what a family should be. I'm just glad that he has you in his life. Walking is good for the environment and if you don't have a car to play chauffer with the kids will have to find their own way.

The kittens sound like a handful, but a fun one. (Hugs)Indigo

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

Kelli;
I am so glad to be getting around to blogs and to read what's going on with you and to just say 'hi'.

It sounds like you have alot on your plate as usual and that the kids are simply not even trying to make it easier.

The moaning, I have a family member who is EXACTLY like that, (Katie's Mom) and she is/was a wet wool blanket on everything because of her behavior.

The car again sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. Selling and walking is a good solution. I remember living for decades without a car and the burden of finding a ride to and from the grocery store was hard. Taxi was an expense that I didn't have. I think you are strong enough to handle it. I had small ones when I did it too so kudo's for you.

You have lots of sewing going on at all times. Makes me want to go through my fabric boxes and just do something. If I ever do, I'll send you a pic, ok? because you inspire me so much.

Ok, friend, I almost wrote a journal entry here.

Take care and talk with you soon,
Nelishia

Paula said...

If you give up your car you will be in good shape. You might find a used bicycle too. Hope your summer turns out better then you think with Ryan.

Linda's World said...

Kelli, we were 2 nights at that campground near San Clemente. But in looking at the map, I don't think it was very close to you. It was on the ocean side of Camp Pendleton. I think we are heading for Washington Tuesday morning. I was hoping to see you & Betty both but it doesn't look like it's going to happen on this trip. Thank you again for the Marine squished penny. Everybody who's looked at my penny book thinks that's a pretty cool penny. I was able to get pennies at Sea World, and then at the Maritime Museum in San Diego and also the San Juan Capistrano Mission. Have a good week...Linda from Washington but in Pasadena, CA for a few more days.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!