Now for me this is not that hard, but for my husband it is. He loves his meat and he refuses to give it up. That is fine if you are like him, so let me suggest a few other things.
Since I am now having to cook more so that I can have left overs for Rusty and Chris's lunch I have had to get creative. Meat is expensive and I don't feel that they need more meat, so this week I have been just adding more vegi's to whatever I cook.
Last night I made chicken stew. I added an extra can of green bean's instead of adding extra meat. I have started packing Rusty more fruit. Rusty was complaining that he was getting hungry late in the afternoon. So I got grapes and apples and they now go in his lunch so he can snake while he drives.
By adding more fruit and vegi's I am able to stretch our food bill, eat less meat and I am able to get some more good whole foods into my family.
So if you are like me, and you have a strict meat other try cutting them back without them knowing it! I can go vegan and not miss the meat at all.
So what have I done this week to green up my home?
1. All that used plastic ware was sent into work with Chris and Rusty. I saved it from the landfill for a little while.
2. I freecycled a ton of stuff this week. At least that stuff will also be reused before it hits the land fills.
3. Rusty got Chris a job with him, so that they could car pool. We were wondering how we were going to work out the car issue once Chris got a job, now we don't have to wonder any more.
4. I am using old sheets as material for the quilt that I am working on.
5. A girlfriend asked me how to make laundry soap and a few other things, so she will now be making all of her own stuff!
We can change the world one person at a time.
Tell me, what you have done this week?