Tom got me to thinking. And we have been e mailing back and forth all night. He is a great guy and he got me to think. Which I should not be doing, because it is late I have not had dinner yet, and I still have two quilts to get done.
I think this woman's Sari is just the most beautiful thing I have seen. I am in the process of trying to get my hands on one of these Sari's. One of our marines is from India and I told him that I wanted one. So he said that he would work on it for me. I told the marine that I would wear it to the marine corps birthday ball if he got me one!
I also have clothing from the middle east. My in laws lived there for 20 years, so I have a lot of really nice clothing from that part of the world. At my mother in laws funeral I even wore one of her middle eastern coverings.
This year to the ball I wore a traditional Mexican dress. I loved that dress, and I think I am going to take the dress up, so that I can it all the time.
I wear the clothing because I love it. Why was I born Irish/Native American? I don't like their clothing.
Just for some laughs let me share with you some of my other clothing.... all of which will push the limits.
1. I have a tee shirt that says toughest job in the corp.... marine wife. The single guys laugh, and the wives want to know where I got it.
2. My children were kind enough to buy my a t shirt that says mean people need to be loved too.
3. I have another t shirt that says this is a war... a war of ideas.
4. then there is my favorite outfit. That would be my husbands p.t. gear. Man his sweats are just so comfy. Nothing screams take me baby I am yours like puke Green clothing. I once wore that to the store and some dude chased me down and told me that I was not allowed to wear that in public. I just looked at him and laughed. That little marine was just way to cute.
5. my hats always turn heads. I have a black one and a maroon one. I always place a huge dragonfly pin on them. I think hats are very classy, but people still stare at me.
6. then there are my bib's. I love them! they are so comfy. Now granted I look like farmer fred in them, but hey, they hide the fat.
I guess this year for Christmas I should add to my list "normal clothing". That would be kinda funny since the other item I asked for was a wagon with moster wheels!
Now we all know why my husband has no hair.