Thursday, February 19, 2009

warning: soap box


O.K. so I was back at the shelter today. Nikki's cat still has not turned up.
There she was a very nice looking brown nose pit. I noticed her yesterday, so today I went to see her.
There she was. All alone in her cage. She was not even by other animals. He gate was locked with this huge pad lock!
I said "Come here momma". She came over and licked my fingers.
Then some ass hole walks overs and asked me what I was doing! So I fired back. "why is she over here by herself? Why is cage locked down?"
The young man explained to me that she is a pit bull and that she could be dangerous. They will hold her for the mandatory 10 days and then they will put her down!
I am so worn out. I am going to go hug my pit bull and wish that every story had a happy ending like his has. Then in the morning I am going to call every pit bull rescue group that I can find.
People suck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats wrong to assume that pit is dangerous cause of the way some are trained to be.

Traci said...

I really hope you are able to get the dog rescued! A few bad people get a whole breed "recalled"! So sad!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I've been on the whole people suck agenda for a few days now. I hope your able to find someone to take the pitbull. (Hugs)Indigo

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!