I have had a very busy week, but even with my crazy schedule this week I tried very hard to reduce and reuse. The I was hit with another challenge for this week. Smaller footprint challenged us to go through the house and give away anything we don't use. I said give away, not throw away.
I was starting to do this anyway, but I grabbed a box and headed for the kitchen. I pulled everything out of my cabinets and I looked at it. If I have not used it or touched it in the year we have lived here, then it was out of here. I have to admit that this was a little hard for me since I collect antique Pyrex.
But I did it. I kept all my antique stuff, but other then that I cleaned everything out. I was shocked at how much I was actually getting rid of, and how much I was throwing into the recycling.
I took my box and placed it on the front porch and wrote kitchen stuff on it. Then I placed an ad on freecycle and craigslist and the box was gone in no time flat. It made me feel good to clean out, and that someone else got some use out of my old stuff. So I challenge everyone to do a little cleaning out and passing on.
Here is what I did this week.
1. I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets.
2. I used old soda bottles were used to hold all of the children Gatorade.
3. Spaghetti sauce was stored in plastic coffee cans.
4. Produce box was used to haul produce in, the to haul more stuff home, and now it sitting here and waiting to be reused.
5.hug up all my laundry
6. empty Gatorade canisters will be refilled with homemade dishwasher soap, and the scoop from the Gatorade is the perfect measure for the soap.
Please tell me what little steps you have taken, and please let me know what you have cleaned out!