Tuesday, July 28, 2009

time with the children






Well yesterday was an absolute blessing for the children and I!
We headed down to the beach about 2 p.m. we did some swimming and I was body surfing! The kids thought I was crazy because the waves were really high yesterday.
Then the concert started. I can't even explain how cool it was to see Nikki, Chris and Hope dancing on the beach at sunset.
Mercy me and all the others just gave us a great show. Mercy me said that they were honored to play for the troops, and being on the beach was the topping on the cake. It is nice to know that some people still care about our troops.
I called Rusty to let him know that the children were waiting for the concert to begin and that they were so excited. Rusty was thrilled. I could see him smiling through the phone. It was in that moment that I loved Rusty a little bit more. Here was my husband working, and here I was on the beach. I am so amazed at what he will do to support his family and what he gives up so we can have a good time.
I just can't believe what a great time the children had. I was so honored that they let me watch them and be a part of their night.
Life is sooooo good.

7 comments:

Missie said...

I love body sufing! I haven't done it in a while, but it's fun! LOL

I'm glad you and the kids had a great time.

Paula said...

I think Rusty is one in a million. Glad you all had so much fun.

Martha said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you all had such a great time. There really is something so special about music on the beach. We go to the drum circle at the beach a lot - not exactly a concert LOL, but it's like being in another world!

betty said...

that was awesome Mercy Me was there for the troops! so glad you, Nikki/Chris could be part of the show and the adventure! plus got a day at the beach in it too; life can't get much better!

betty

louise said...

Hi
Sounds like a wonderful day!

Melissa said...

sounds like loads of fun!

Gerry said...

Sounds like you were having a heck of a good time. You are a fun loving gal, nice for a mother and wife to be. Gerry

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!