Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a better day

I have it in my head that today is going to be a great day!

I am looking forward to getting together with these ladies and I willing to learn anything they can teach me. Learning is good.


I still have not talked to my shrink yet, but I have talked with Rusty and the girls, so for now, I am not communicating with my mother. I really do not need the stress that she brings, so I have chosen to let it all go for now.


On Friday we have another Marine coming home from Iraq! I can't wait to give him a hug. They always say, I smell stop hugging me, but I don't care what they smell like, I just keep hugging them!


Since I have to go to base anyway I am going to take my foster baby in to get fixed. One of the marines is going to adopt the kitten. I also know that baby season is coming up and I will have more babies. I just wish that people would get their animals fixed. One day I hope to be out of a job.

Nikki is getting a life lesson on bills. Nikki is working at this little mom and pop pizza joint and she is doing some babysitting on the side. Last night Nikki said that she is thinking about trying to pick up some extra babysitting jobs, because she is not getting a lot of hours at the pizza joint. Nikki has discovered that between putting money in savings, giving to the church and paying her cell phone bill, that she does not have a lot left over. I am just glad that she is learning all of this now in the safety of our home and not once she left home.

Amber is still struggling to find a job. At one point she did have a job, it did not work out. Amber hates not having money, so I am paying her cell phone bill and her car insurance.

I don't mind helping Amber out. I helped Nikki out and now it is Amber's turn. I try to be fair across the board when it comes to the girls. What I do for one I try very hard to do for the other.

My shower is calling me. I need to finish up a little bit one a tie blanket, so I better get my bum in gear!

8 comments:

Maddy said...

Newbie visiting from a Bishops Wife. Now yours is a font size that I can really relate to.

Hope you have a fantabulous day.
Cheers

Traci said...

Hope you have a great day!

The Queen said...

I think it is great that you are picking yourself up by your bootstraps and moving forward.

I loved making quilts. Tying them and seeing the finished product was so rewarding to me when I was going through a tough time.

The laying out and designing them.. was awesome..

Have a great day kiddo...

betty said...

I think its wise to go and check out the Daughters of American Revolution; you are right, learning is a good thing and you aren't committed to anything, just fact finding and seeing what they are about

its a delicate balance about helping our kids when they have no money, but I know exactly what you mean; I see both sides of it; too long to go into it right now but I totally support what you are doing in helping Amber; she definitely appreciates it I know that for sure

supposed to warm up later this week; I'm glad for that

betty

Lori said...

I hope it did turn out to be a great day for you!

Melissa said...

its good that you are fair with the girls

Paula said...

I like that you try to treat the girls the same. I tried to do that with my girls and grandchildren too.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great day.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!