Thursday, April 9, 2009

up and moving


I get so many compliments on this top. I bought this top at a yard sale for fifty cent. All of the needle work is hand done and the top and sleeves are done on a machine. Someone was selling off grandmas handi work. I just love the traditional Mexican style clothing.
Tonight is opening night for Nikki's Easter pageant. I can't wait to see it! She has been working so hard, so I am sure that her hard work will pay off.
Yesterday Nikki and hit a thrift store to buy a few things that she needed for the pageant. I ended up finding 4 old hat pin's! Nikki for this box that she wanted, so I bought it and gave it to Ryan to give to Nikki on her birthday. I just love finding deals at thrift stores!
Now my question is... how to use the hat pins. I have done some research on them and I know they are long because the women use to use them to hold their hair to the hat. I am wondering If I can use the pins without a hat? I am also wondering where I can find some hats like they had in the 20's. HMMM. I actually thought about looking to see if they made a pattern for those hats and then actually making myself one. Then the thought left me. I don't have time to sew for myself.
Nikki's boyfriend, Chris, is talking to a recruiter. The sad reality of his life is that he does not have a lot of options left. Rusty and I sat down and talked to Chris, and we just laid everything out for him. The sad reality is that no one cares that he is homeless in high school. It is up to Chris to make a name and a life for himself. I am glad that he listened to some of what we had to say. So Chris is looking into going into the military get some sort of job skills, and then going to college once he gets out of the service.
My stacks of laundry are calling me. I also have to go buy something to cook for dinner. I have often wondered why I buy food. All that happens is that we eat the food, poop and then use toilet paper. Anyway, I have another day waiting to greet me.

7 comments:

Martha said...

Have a great day :-)

betty said...

it might be a little late for Chris, but it might help another homeless kid in high school down the road, but our church is helping to start the Temecula-Murrieta Rescue Mission (they will officially launch it this weekend, but they have already been handing out food to those who need it - Wednesdays from 4-6 p.m. at Rancho Community Church in Temecula). One of the things they are looking to do down the road is to open up a transitional house for kids in foster care to have some place to go when they turn 18 and they age out of foster care and have nowhere to go (often going into the military too). They would care that he is homeless; they are trying to get networks together to help the homeless and the hungry and the displaced. I just don't know what they have in place now but someone is trying (they are working with the Orange County Rescue Mission to get started here since the closest other place to go for homeless shelters is up in March Air Force Base area; nothing here in South Riverside County, but soon, thank you Lord)

hope you find something to use those hat pins for

bet Nikki will rock at her pageant

I hope you all have a joyful blessed Easter!

betty

Queenneenee said...

your so funny with your poop statements. I love my food dammit. Pooping makes room for more eating :-)

Donna. W said...

OH dear Lord! I came here and heard Kris Kristofferson talking and almost fainted. I LOVE Kris.

He's going to be in Kansas City this month, but I won't have a chance to see him. Cliff can't stand him.

natalie said...

I love those Mexican bursillos and
dresses too
you do great things Kelli!
I hope her float works out great!
Let us know!
love,natalie

Traci said...

I have read several of the entries you have written this week. I'm so not reading much except facebook lately. Honestly, you are an inspiration to me. You are so compassionate. I'm sorry you've been sick this week.
I am worn out. Having 5 kiddos inyour house all day is exhausting. I had a 9,8,7,5 and 4 year old. Throw in a few tornadoes and I'm done for the day!!!!

Lori said...

Find a use for hatpins? Are you crazy, woman? Why, you keep them handy for when Rusty or one of the Marines ticks you off, and then ---- well, you can take it from there!

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!