Wednesday, March 4, 2009

lazy crappy day

Today is cold, rainy and crappy here, so I have decided to not get dressed today.

On my to do list today was clean up our bedroom. I do mean clean! Then butter, our dog, walked in and barfed the grossest smelling stuff up. Well great. I was going to clean our room today but I did not want to clean the carpets, but that happened anyway. Well at least my room is clean now. I have no idea how long that will last since everything seems to get thrown into my room.

I did put on a pot of chili today. I so love my crock pot! I am still not sure how people live without one. I also looked up how to make vegetable soup in the crock pot. It sounds simple so I am going to try it. I am not a huge fan of vegetable soup, but everyone else is, so I am going to try it.

Nikki and Chris leave for winter camp on Friday. We looked at the weather today, and it is going to be a balmy 29 degrees up at big bear. I called some of the marines and they are going to loan us some cold weather gear. I am not going to go buy stuff for these two to use for a few day's and then not need them again until next year. Tomorrow night I get the great pleasure of stacking everything together and double checking list's so we can make sure that they have everything.

I have no ambition today. I need to go put away some laundry and then I am going to go sit in bed and knit, or do some tie blankets.

5 comments:

Happy Being Me said...

We so miss the West Coast and especially Big Bear. I had a day like that today - needed to clean but drank coffee instead. I argued with my butte because it wasn't cooperating with the rest of my body. Tomorrows another day. Take care. Love your reads!
Katie

Paula said...

Wanna come clean my bedroom?

Heli gunner Tom said...

Hey, I know all about dog barf! Woo Woo! Our Rottweiler eats darn near anything and we have to watch him like a hawk. We feed and water him on time every day and that dog food is not cheap!
have a better day-- and I get the Winter time blues toos..lol.

Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin

betty said...

it was cold today! what happened to the warm weather we had over the weekend? hey I found another person that has a blog here in our area, closer to my part of town. I'll send you her link; I said maybe down the line all 3 of us could meet for coffee, who knows?

hope you had a good day knitting! sounds like fun

I bet Chris/Nikki will have fun at camp no matter what the weather. its a shame I got rid of a lot of our heavy-duty cold weather items before we moved

betty

Unknown said...

Hope Chris/Nikki will have fun at camp. Hope your having a wonderful night

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!