Friday, November 7, 2008

bad day with good news


Yesterday was a really bad day. I spent the whole day in bed strung out on pain pills.

However yesterday I also got a call from my case worker who informed me that he lost my file, but has since found it and has approved my medical! Yes, now I can my $10,000 in medical bells and get all of my plumbing removed.

About getting all my plumbing removed. It seems that February is a good time for my family. So we will see if I can hold out that long.

Yesterday I saw that wal mart is having a laptop for $285! I asked Rusty if he thought we could tighten the budget and buy them for the girls. Before Rusty even got home and looked at them I changed my mind.

I said to myself "do the girls really need laptop? who is going to foot the bill if they break?" So I told Amber about the computer and she is going to try to get her hands on one Saturday morning. I also think that Amber will appreciate it more if she has to pay for it. Nikki still does not have a job, so she is not getting one, because then I will be footing the bill if something breaks.

Rusty has been dealing with the aft for the last few days, so you can only imagine the mood that he has been in!

Today I am going to go get together with a fellow quilter and go through her stash of material. It should be a good time. The boys want to go down to the lake and have a bonfire and roast hot dogs. So we will see how that plays out. It should be a good time.

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's a great price on laptops! I wonder what kind they are?

Sorry you're not feeling well but YAY! for insurance!

*hugs*
heather

Sage Ravenwood said...

Days like this one, I wished we lived closer together. I would baby you like crazy waiting on you hand and foot. I'm so glad he found your file and your approved for everything. The sooner you get this done, the sooner you can begin to heal.

I swear after the holidays, I'm getting a sewing machine and I'm learning to quilt. I'm envious whenever I hear about someone doing it. (Hugs)Indigo

Melissa said...

I hope u feel better soon

Pamela said...

I've never seen a laptop for that price! WOW!
Hope you feel better soon. I also hope you can wait 'till Feb if that's what you want to do.
Have a good weekend.
Pam

LIZ said...

I saw those laptops and thought about it myself and decided not to get one for the kids they would only fight over it anyway. I so glad to hear you got your medical!!! That is great news!!!

Liz

Gerry said...

Sounds like you are slowly working your way toward surgery. I hate to see any woman have to have this, so I am sad, but concerned that you not do anything to jeopardize your health further, whatever the doctor says, we usually have to listen. Gerry

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!