Thursday, November 13, 2008

It is warming up



Well it is early and I am actually up and kinda moving. Rusty will be working in San Diego today and tomorrow, so I got up with Rusty not realizing how early I had gotten up.

I think I have juggled everyone's schedules, and I think I have everything worked out for the ball. I sure there will be a glitch in the system but I expecting that. I just hate rearranging everyone schedules.

So why am I not getting everyone's alerts? If you are writing and I have not commented then shoot me an e mail ask what the heck! I missed a whole week of a corgi's tale.

Yesterday I went and did some running around and today I don't have much I need to do. Our weather is turning warm again, so I would like to get outside and get some stuff done. I need to rearrange the garage, and go through some more boxes. I need to mow and trim the yard, and maybe get some more bulbs planted.

Last week we had such bad wind that it blew over one of our trees. Someone is coming our tomorrow to fix that. I am just glad that we do not have to pay to have that done.

Yesterday Nikki and I looked at the mission trips that are scheduled for this year. Fiji is on there, so she will be going to Fiji this year. Then Nikki noticed a mission trip to Las Vegas, and she is thinking that she would like to do that one as well. so between her trip back east and two mission trips it looks like Nikki will be gone all summer...again! Somehow, someway we will find the money for Nikki to go and do all of these trips. We always do.

Which leads me to my next question. Are Rusty and I crazy for allowing Nikki to travel the world or are we giving her experiences that no one can put a price tag on? I think it is the later of the two.

My day is calling me so I better get busy. Do you think I will wake the children up if I run the carpet cleaner right now? Who cares, the carpets in my room need to be cleaned.

8 comments:

betty said...

you just go and run that carpet sweeper!! they don't need their sleep, LOL!

I'm glad its warming up a bit (would like some rain) but glad that we won't have to run the heat :)

hope everything goes well with all the arrangements with the ball/people's schedules, etc

you are not crazy to allow Nikki to go every place for missionary work; you are giving her fantastic opportunities and she is serving the Lord; it doesn't get any better than that, does it? The Lord has His hand on her; we'll just trust in him to keep her safe as she travels for him.

enjoy the day

betty

Heather said...

Last night one of my friends at church confided that she and her husband had applied to the international mission board... she is pregnant with her sixth child and the oldest is only 11! They are just amazing, wonderful people of God and I am blessed to know them. It was this friend who sobbed with me, big huge alligator tears on my first Sunday in the mountains... we literally were soaked with tears... it meant the world to me to have someone so brokenhearted over my heartbreak. I really don't want them to leave... and they haven't been accepted yet... but I know that if God sends them, that they need to go. And I guess my point is that if Nikki feels a calling on her life and you can make a way for her to go, then she should. It's a good thing for her to have this focus. And a good thing for you to support her in it.

*hugs*
heather

Melissa said...

i think its great that she can travel so much, i wish I could

Sage Ravenwood said...

I think the experience Nikki is getting are priceless, once in a lifetime experiences. Thinking of you with the upcoming ball hon. (Hugs)Indigo

Linda's World said...

I agree, I think it's great that she wants to go. A lot of teenagers wouldn't want to. I don't know how you get your alerts but I've added all the blogs I read to my side bar under "Blogs I Follow." Then when people post they pop up there. Did you run the carpet sweeper? I would have! LOL Linda in Washington state

Martha said...

You haven't been by to see me in a looong time - well, you told me to tell you! I've been keeping up the best I can. Hope all goes well for you!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Hey you, there is something waiting for you on my journal. Come claim what is rightfully yours. *winks* (Hugs)Indigo

Paula said...

Its great that your children are able to travel. My granddaughter is going to spend five weeks in Prage this summer.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!