Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I set the house on fire


Yep that is right. Last night I set the house on fire.

It was really starting to chilly in the house, so I decided to start a fire and break the chill.

I went to Sams and got some wood, and I stacked it very nicely in the fire place, got some news paper and started a fire.

Then smoke started to come in the house. Holy crap I forgot to open the vent. So I opened the vent and even more smoke came into the house!

I had all the smoke detectors going off. The dogs were going nuts and all the cats ran for the garage. Nikki and I are trying like crazy to fan the smoke detectors but nothing worked.

Berry walked in and grabbed a bucket of water and opened the doors on the fire place. That is when flames shot up the wall.

Oh dear Lord I set the house the house on fire and now it is filled with smoke. There was no real damage and everyone is safe. When Rusty got home he was kinda wondering what had happened, but was scared to ask. So I said "Baby I set the house on fire tonight. How was your day?" Rusty just looked around and said nothing.

Rusty has gotten very wise over the years and has learned to not say anything.

Today I get the great pleasure of washing everything that can fit into a washer. Everything smells like smoke and it just stinks. I have started cleaning the carpets, but I only have one room done.

I will have to stop cleaning at some point and go vote, but other then that I will be desmoking my house today.

Note to self: call a chimney sweep!

11 comments:

Traci said...

Holy Cow! I'm glad every one is ok!

betty said...

oh my gosh! so thankful you are safe and sound!! what an experience for sure!!! Rusty is a good man for just looking and waiting to see what happened

betty

Paula said...

If I had a fireplace it would only be for decoration 'cause I would probably do what you did and worse.

Melissa said...

wow...good luck with the desmoking

Heather said...

Which prompts the question: Do you have renters insurance? If not, please find a local State Farm agent and give them a call. It's super cheap and will protect you against such misfortunes!

Just my professional opinion!
*hugs*
heather

natalie said...

Gee I am so sorry!
:(
I hope the smoke smell goes soon..
but to be honest I am sooo happy that you, hubby and kids are okay!
you mean a lot to me and all of us here Kelli!
love,natalie

Sage Ravenwood said...

Why do you keep doing things to remind me I need to get on Paul again about renewing our housing insurance....*blinks rapidly*

On another note I'm glad your safe, and the first thing I thought of with the smoke, is your chimney is clogged. Sorry to hear you have such a mess to clean up now. (Hugs)Indigo

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

Unbelievable! I am just glad none of you got hurt! Just what you needed in your very relaxed life is some stress. NOT!!!! So sorry. Rusty sounds like such a smart husband. He just rolled with it! I'd help you with the scrubbing if I was closer. You could call me. Sorry about all of this. You had to be scared, but probably later, not during. That's the way I am usually anyway.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear evertbodt is ok and there was not major damage

LIZ said...

OMG how scary!!! Im glad everyone was ok and that you still have your house!!!!

Liz

natalie said...

gee Kelli
how are you feeling these days?
love ya, natalie

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!