Friday, November 28, 2008

eco friendly Friday

Well here it is black Friday. This year I did not brave the store's. Instead this year I have shopped yearly and made a lot of gifts.

In my search for some eco friendly gifts, I can across an awesome web page. There must be a 1,000 store listed and they have everything from baby to home furnishing. When I have time I sit here and look at the different stores. If I find something that I like then I am book marking the page. This will my shopping a lot easier in the upcoming year.

This year as we all rush around to buy gift's I challenge you to buy just one eco friendly gift. If we all bought just one then we could make a huge impact on our world.

While I would love to be able to make national news or be given some award for all of my hard work, I am satisfied just being able to impact my own home. I know that there will be a ripple affect. By teaching my children, and sending them out into the world, they will also be able to impact whomever they meet.

This holiday season we CAN make a difference just by changing the way we buy one gift. Check out this link for awesome shopping.

http://www.pristineplanet.com/all.asp

6 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

You go girl! Great idea! But many men look for 'steel' gifts, IMHO...lol. Personally, I am a knife collector and they are all functional and handy. [I bo8ughta new Kenmore dishwasher for my last last year to make it easier for her and I still can't find the silver ware! Ha!]. I guess I will have to learn how to do that too, now. I have always done dishes by hand-- and that is great for my arthritis in the hands. I went to the old school.

Warm Regards,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

There was no way anybody was making me go shopping today. I'm like the net for shopping too.
Take care, Chrissie

betty said...

I truly think the majority if not all the gifts I'm giving this year will be eco friendly and what I'm getting is definitely eco friendly (a goat has to be eco friendly right??)

good entry; it starts with one person making a difference and there's a ripple effect with more making a difference and pretty soon lots of people are making changes and its all great for this beautiful earth the Lord gave us

hope you/yours had a great Thanksgiving!

betty

Unknown said...

Thank you for the Eco friendly shopping link.

Not only are you making an impact on your family ... you are impacting all of us who follow your blog. Nice work!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I was at the thrift store yesterday and I thought, "Kelli would be so proud of me! I'm recycling!"

thanks for sharing from your hippie knowledge...
Love and hugs!
heather

mamaof4qts said...

I have a problem I was hoping you could help me with. I took in a mom and baby kitten from my MIL. Well turns out the mama was pregnant when we got her and she ust had her kittens. But her first baby is trying to kill them every chance she can and the mom is letting her. I took the kittens away a few hours ago and the mom hasn't seemed concerned, or looked for them in any way. I know you take in abandoned kittens and I wondered if you had any suggerstions. Thanks in any way you can help
Jami

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!