Wednesday, November 26, 2008

fighting back


I have a lot to get done today, and I feel good. So that is a plus. I need to get some wheat ground, I need to go buy a turkey, I still need to go pick up chairs.... oh the list is long. However that is fine with me. I cant wait to have everyone here and I can't wait to have my house filled with laughter.
As far as the insurance issue goes, Rusty said that we are fighting back. On the back of one of the papers it says that if we disagree with the out come of our case then we can ask for a hearing. So that is what Rusty and I are going to do. Yesterday I talked to Rusty's vet rep and he printed out the FEDERAL law that says Rusty's veterans benefits can not be counted as income. I know it is the same with social security. I am going to take all of that paper work down to my case worker and say "Look here is the law. If you can't fix this then I am requesting a hearing." I don't think any of this will make a difference, but we are going to give it our best shot.
Last night I decided to make Rusty some fresh squeezed orange juice. Let me tell you it was the best. I could not stop drinking it. My body just screamed for more. That was when it hit me, I need to go back to juicing. I use to do it all the time, but for whatever reason I stopped. Now that I know my body is just screaming for better nutrients, I need to listen to my body.
Some people do not believe in the healing power of food, but I do. I need to get back to giving my body everything that it is demanding. I am not saying that I am going to heal my tumors, but if I can make my body healthier then I need to do it.
Both of the girl's got jobs yesterday! I am so happy for them. Nikki is going to be working at this mom and pop pizza place and Amber got a job setting window displays. I am so proud of both of them.
Last night I woke up just covered in sweat. I was like what the hell is going on here. Are my hormones out of wack already? Rusty was so sweet. He went and got me a cold wash cloth and placed it on head. I am telling you guy's that I have a good one and I am not going to let him go.
Well, nothing is getting done by me sitting here, so I need to get moving.

14 comments:

Paula said...

Congrats to your girls on their new jobs. Yes Rusty is the best but I'm sure he thinks you are too. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

betty said...

so glad Amber and Nikki got jobs!! thank you Lord!!!

hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving Kelli :)

betty

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

WOW great girls and I'm so happy for them. Sorry you weren't feeling well and nice of your hubby to take care of you. Glad you're better today so you can get done what needs to be. Sorry you're having to fight the insurance crap. Hope you all win.
Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends.
Take care, Chrissie

Heli gunner Tom said...

Do you think Rusty would enjoy my Journal? Who knows? Two Veterans might just have some things in common.
You have my address..

Regards,
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com

Pamela said...

Congratulations to your girls on their new jobs!
I hope you have a good Thanksgiving and that you feel good through all of it.
Pam

Lori said...

Good for you for fighting! It can't hurt. If the law is that they should not count Rusty's vet pay, then they shouldn't count it, but don't you know they will if you let them get away with it! Glad the girls both got jobs. You guys have a good weekend!

Missie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LYN said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

M said...

Happy Thanksgiviing!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day today!!!

Love,

Michelle

Martha said...

I believe in the power of food, especially juicing. Glad the girls got jobs. I know you are in your glory days with your house full today - a lot to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Traci said...

Good for the girls! And yes you better fight back! I hate injustice! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Unknown said...

Doctrine
The first overt appearance of the Holy Spirit in Christian theology is in the words of Jesus, speaking to his disciples (John 14:15-18) shortly before his death.

He characterizes the Holy Spirit to them as the 'Spirit of Truth'. Chronologically though, the Holy Spirit makes a first appearance at the beginning of Jesus's ministry when he is baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist (Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3:21-22, John 1:31-33).

In these accounts, the incorporeal Holy Spirit is described as descending upon Jesus 'like' or 'as' a dove.

In the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, the Holy Spirit is one of the three members of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit's existence is affirmed in the Apostles Creed and responsibility for the Immaculate Conception or Virgin Birth of Jesus is asserted.

In the Nicene Creed (an extensive elaboration of the Apostles Creed), the Holy Spirit is further affirmed to proceed from one or both of the other members of the Trinity (God the Father and God the Son) (see filoque controversy).

This is taken to further imply that the Holy Spirit is co-substantial and co-eternal with the Father and the Son. The Holy Spirit is also asserted to be the "Lord and Giver of Life".

This Holy Spirit is often interpreted to be the same entity as The Angel of the Lord or the Spirit of the Lord referenced in the Old Testament.

Gerry said...

Sounds like things are slowly working out. I believe in the power of good food and the power of rest, so if you can just kick back and relax, too wheneever possible. Glad the girls got jobs. Gerry

LIZ said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!!! We are getting the best Christmas present ever this year!!!!

Take care, Liz

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!