Sunday, October 12, 2008

a good day



I just made myself a big cup of hot tea. To night I am having African red bush. It is very good.

We are finally getting some cooler weather and it has been so nice. I was able to get some bulb planted, and get some mulch down. I love walking around in Rusty's sweat's and sweat shirt's. I am just so comfy.

Friday and Saturday I was sick. I have no idea what is going on, but I just kept taking my anti vomit meds and I was fine. Today I did not have to take any meds and I am very grateful for that.

I did finally make the time to get some sewing done. I still have some batting left, so I will be working on some more pet quilts this week. I am taking one of the quilt's over to my girlfriends house. Her son just had a baby girl. I do like surprising people with baby blankets.

A friend of mine called me over the weekend and she said "Kelli I am hooked!" I could not figure out what she was talking about. My girlfriend has fallen in love with Pyrex. For years my girlfriend would go to yard sales and buy me Pyrex, but now she is buying it for herself.

I am glad that I have another person to share my love of Pyrex with. I just love my old stuff. It has survived longer then most people. I love having dishes that don't match.

I have one pink Pyrex bowl that a dear friend gave me. This pink bowl belonged to her mother and her mother has long since passed. Every time I use that bowl I think of my girlfriend. One time my girlfriend called me and said "what are you doing." I told her that I was thinking of her, because I was using the bowl she gave me.

Tomorrow I have a few errand's to run, but other then that I am just going to spend some time with my sewing machine.

7 comments:

betty said...

so sorry you were sick for the weekend :(

I'll have to keep my eye out for Pyrex for you when I hit the few garage sales I hit

glad today was a good day; I'm thankful it cooled down a bit; it was a nice relief

enjoy sewing tomorrow :)

betty

Melissa said...

glad u had a good day

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Sorry you been sick. Glad you were feeling better today. I'm so happy you are able to enjoy your sewing. I wish I could do those things again, but my hands just don't work for me anymore. It takes me forever now. I have some things that friends gave me too. I have one beautiful punch bowl that a girlfriend gave me that belonged to her mom. I would never have parted with it, but I told her I would hold on to it and whenever she wanted it back I would give it to her. So for now it's in safekeeping in the China cabinet. Hope you have a good evening.
Take care, Chrissie

Pamela said...

I hope you feel ok today. Take care,
Pam

Traci said...

Glad you are feeling better. Lou and I were sick over the weekend too. Sucks.
I'm still waiting for it to cool down here! Love your quilts.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

sorry you were sick all weekend Kelly...

I love Pyrex too...I found 10 custard cups at a yard sale, the guy didn't know what he had and I bartered VERY low...and I LOVE them.

Love your quilts...still wish I knew how to sew.

Lori said...

Great entry! Sorry you were sick, and I'm glad you're doing better. Hope you stay well this week. I'm loving the cooler weather here and hope it stays this way for a while before it starts to get really cold. I love pyrex, too, and I love mismatched old dishes, especially bowls. I collect old bowls, all kinds. I love to use them as serving bowls and see my table set with different pretty floral patters.

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!