Thursday, October 30, 2008

went to the doctor



I must say that my doctors appointment went better then I could have ever hoped for.

First things first. My plumbing must come out. As soon as medi cal come through I can start getting for that. Sixteen years ago I asked the doctor to take all my plumbing out but he would not do it, so now I am jumping at the chance to get it all taken out.

My nausea and bloating is caused by hormones being out of whack. So I got a scrip for some more anti vomit medicine. I will just have to deal with the fact that I am having good days and bad days. There is nothing I can do about that. So, since today is a good day and went and bought some stuff for me to work on while I am in the bed sick.

The doctor asked me if I want to stop smoking. I told him yes and then he told me about this program and this medicine. The doctor then adds that it is very expensive... However the drug company is giving the medicine out to low income people! I got all the forms, so I am going to fill them out and mail them in. Finally some good news!

I was also able to get my birth control pills for free! Yes! That saves me so much money.

Since today is a good day, I am cleaning up around here and I am going to try to get some sewing done. I am going to make the most of this day.

Amber has decided to NOT wait for Army boy. I think that is very wise. Army boy leaves tomorrow and I still have not him. I told one of the marines that I am not sure I want to meet him. Lets face it, he is not much of man if he can't even come meet me.

I need to get my ball dress out and get it tailored down. I can do it, but it is just me getting around to it. The dress I am going to wear this year is very....unique. I have three dresses to choose from and Rusty said that he liked this one dress the best, so I am going to wear that dress.

I have never really cared about how I look. I am not into fashion and I only wear make up about twice a year. I have been like that my whole life. I prefer to go all natural and Rusty once told me that he prefers me that way. So when I have to pick out a dress for the ball I have to really put some thought behind it. I don't want to look like all the other wives. I don't want to look like a hoochey momma. So I start looking for my dress the day after the ball.

Tomorrow morning I need to wake the marines up. They are going to help Ryan get his commies all perfect and they are going to paint his face for him. I am told that Cammi paint is hard to get off, so I should have fun scrubbing Ryan's face.

I have a taste for chocolate milk shake. Jack in the box is only a few blocks away. Yum.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I missed the explanation of what is happening with you health-wise so you'll have to clue me in... but if you get to stop smoking in the process, that's awesome. Take care of yourself...
*Hugs*
heater

Melissa said...

glad u had a good day

Barbara said...

I don't do makeup either. I don't own a dress, I think once in a while I should get one, but I would never wear it.
I will post this weekend on how I made my chicken and dumpling.
So glad to hear you had a good day and I hope you have way more good days from now on.
Barbara

Traci said...

I'm praying for the insurance to come through quickly. I'm glad you had a good day!

Paula said...

You will be a new person when you get this all over. I wish you the best.

betty said...

I am THANKING THE LORD (thank you Lord) I've been praying about Amber and her guy friend; thank you Lord that you opened up her eyes

glad the appt went good and that in the end you'll be healthy with stopping smoking too!!

you call me if you need anything; I'll keep asking if I can help and you make sure you tell me what I can do to help you

(((Kelli)))

betty

Pamela said...

I hope that medi cal comes through soon so you can be well again. Take it easy and rest.
Great that you're gonna quit smoking! YAY!
Hugs Pam

Gerry said...

I am so glad you went to the doctor and have a little news. I hate to think you might need a hysterectomy according to them, but I always say hang on to your original organs as long as possible! But what about the ovaries? Gerry

Sage Ravenwood said...

Oh yes, your quitting smoking. That made my day. I'm glad the appt. went well and the ball is rolling to get you well.

Relieved that Amber isn't waiting for Army guy. Skye was here Thurs. and Fri. night. I didn't ask...I think she was lonely and just wanted family around. She's taking Gary's absence pretty well, but it's beginning to show how hard it is on her.

(Hugs)Indigo

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!