Tuesday, October 28, 2008

sewing frenzy



So here I sit on this crisp Tuesday morning. I feel good today.

The trip to 29 palms was good. I told Leeroy that Lewis was loosing love points and that he had better come in soon. By midnight I was freezing and I had on a hoody and a big blanket! The desert gets cold at night. Finally about 2 a.m. the buses rolled up! I was so happy to see Lewis. It was so nice to see the twins together.

I let Lewis use my phone until Sunday because no one could get a hold of the twins dad. This poor dad had no idea that his other son was home from Iraq!

Lewis lost my phone. I am phone less until this weekend when Lewis replaces my phone. I am just glad that he is manning up and doing the right thing.

We arrived home at 6:05 a.m. I went straight to bed. I stayed there the entire day! I pushed my body way to far. I hurt all over and I could not keep my eyes open. I do remember at one point that I was able to eat some banana baby food and drink some club soda. I took my pills and went right back to bed. Saturday sucked!

Rusty was worried about me. He sat in the bed next to me most of the day. He said that if I was in the same condition on Sunday we was going to take me back to the doctors.

Yesterday I looked at my piles of material and decided that I better get busy. I want to use up as much of my material as possible, before I go get more. My goal for today is two baby blankets. One for a boy and one for a girl. Yesterday I got several pet quilts done. I have been slacking in that department. I have a talent and I better get to using it.

What is it with my children and laundry? I swear to you the girls can only bring their laundry out when I already have stacks of it! I try to use my dryer as little as possible, so I can only do about two loads a day. I hope their children do this to them.

Rusty and I have a policy when it comes to the marines. We never loan them money. One of the marines named Hailey is really struggling. Her rent got raised and she is looking for a new place to live. She is still on active duty and going to college. So a few weekends ago Hailey came up to visit and she brought her dress blues up. I took her uniform and put it in a closet because I did not want it to get ruined.

That was when it hit me. I said to myself, "you know you have not done anything nice for Hailey in a while." Hailey left and she forgot to grab her uniform. She did call and ask Leeroy to bring it down to her, but I told Leeroy to leave it. I took her uniform in and got her new rank put on and I got it dry cleaned for.

Hailey has been bugging Leeroy to bring her uniform down, but he knew what I was doing. So yesterday Hailey called and said that she had an inspection. Now Hailey is stressing. So I called Hailey. We talked for a little bit and then I said "... um about your uniform..." Hailey started freaking out. She just knew that something had happened to it!

I finally said "Nothing happened to your uniform, we took it in and had your new rank put on and had it dry cleaned for you." Hailey just started crying! I knew it would help her out, but I had no idea that it would make her so happy that she would cry!

Life is good.

7 comments:

Traci said...

Please go back to the doctor. I'm so worried about you.

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

I am worried about you too. I'm on Rusty's side with this one. You pushed yourself too far. As usual. Preaching to the choir here.

That was the sweetest thing you did for Hailey. You'll get good blessings for this coming your way. You just wait. Thanks for listening to that little gentle nudge.

I'm glad the guy MANNED UP and is going to replace the phone. Good honest people still exist.

Nelishia

Melissa said...

that was so nice of u

Heather said...

I think when you're at a point where you're so overwhelmed that even something that to someone else would be small - like a trip to the dry cleaners - can be major.

Please take care of yourself. People need you!

*hugs*
heather

Pamela said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Nice of you to do that for Hailey. Enjoy your sewing. That sounds like such a relaxing activity.
GET WELL!
Pam

Traci said...

Did you know that you can add your email addy to your profile? deshelestraci@bellsouth.net

betty said...

what a sweet thing to do for Hailey; you are a good woman

(call me if you need anything, once you get your phone back)

so glad another of your boys came home safe and sound, thank you Lord

betty

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!