Friday, October 17, 2008

good for the soul



Today I have gotten a ton of good news! Oh today has brought some bad news as well, but we are not going to focus on that right now.

1. One of our marines called me. He was drunk in Guam, but he will be coming home soon and he can't wait to see all of us. News flash! We can't wait to see him either.

2. I opened our car insurance bill today and we actually got a credit on it!

3. Another one of our marines just picked up and should be home sometime after Christmas.

4. Then yet another marines called us from Iraq. I was standing in line at the store and I told the sales lady that I was not trying to be rude, but this was a call from Iraq. The lady just smiled and said, "My son just got back, so I will say a prater for your friend." Then another lady said " Please Tell your friend I said thank you." I did tell all of this to our friend. His voice suddenly broke up and he had to go.

5. Some of you may remember that I did a blanket drive for the veterans. Well I also met a veteran in wal mart who wanted one of the blankets. I got his name and address... well today I kept my word and I delivered those quilts. One for the veteran and one for his wife. They were not home, so I just left them by the door.

Life is good.

7 comments:

Heather said...

You know... you are one of those really unique people who are happiest when you are taking care of other people. Stay busy and you will stay happy. It's a blessing.

*hugs*
heather

Unknown said...

You are doing a wonderful service. (Popped over from Betty's blog). De ;)

Missie said...

You are one of kind....and that's a good thing!

Melissa said...

glad u have so much great news :)

Lori said...

I'm so glad you got all that good news today!!
Love the song for this entry too!

betty said...

what a great day; life is good because God is good (all the time :)

betty

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

That was a great day. I remember the vet and his wife from walmart oh I bet they were so happy to get that. I know they were surprised because they probably thought you forgot or something.
Take care, Chrissie

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!