Friday, October 17, 2008
good for the soul
Today I have gotten a ton of good news! Oh today has brought some bad news as well, but we are not going to focus on that right now.
1. One of our marines called me. He was drunk in Guam, but he will be coming home soon and he can't wait to see all of us. News flash! We can't wait to see him either.
2. I opened our car insurance bill today and we actually got a credit on it!
3. Another one of our marines just picked up and should be home sometime after Christmas.
4. Then yet another marines called us from Iraq. I was standing in line at the store and I told the sales lady that I was not trying to be rude, but this was a call from Iraq. The lady just smiled and said, "My son just got back, so I will say a prater for your friend." Then another lady said " Please Tell your friend I said thank you." I did tell all of this to our friend. His voice suddenly broke up and he had to go.
5. Some of you may remember that I did a blanket drive for the veterans. Well I also met a veteran in wal mart who wanted one of the blankets. I got his name and address... well today I kept my word and I delivered those quilts. One for the veteran and one for his wife. They were not home, so I just left them by the door.
Life is good.