Friday, October 17, 2008

simple things



So yesterday I made some bread. It is a family favorite. I think this is one of the things that I can make that the whole family loves. Then I got a taste for some honey butter.

I have never made honey butter before but I figured that it could not be that hard, so I looked it up. And yes, it was very easy to make!

I searched through all of my cabinets until I found this dish. I got this dish several years ago at a yard sale. It was Pyrex and it was unlike any dish I had seen before. I looked through my "Collectors guide of Pyrex" and sure enough there was that bowl! This is a butter bowl. It is suppose to have a lid, but I am sure that the lid is long gone.

As I was mixing the honey butter up I had to wonder about this butter bowl and what stories it could tell.

I am spoiled. I do not have to sit and churn butter and then put the butter in something. I just go buy the stuff. My mom said that as a child she would churn butter. HMMMM the homemade bread and honey butter were very good!

I am going to start walking again. Once I got sick I stopped walking, but I think it is safe to start walking again. What I would really like to do is work on my belly, but I am positive that a doctor would tell me no crunches! So I will walk.

I do not have a lot planned for today. I need to do a few loads of laundry, and pay a few bills, but other then that I am just going to chill.

9 comments:

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Bread looks yummy. I was gonna make some bread the other day, but was out of supplies. So I will have to take care of that. I love warm fresh bread in the cold winter. Honey butter is good. Love the dish. Hope you have a great day.
Take care, Chrissie

Melissa said...

i need to work on my belly too

Martha said...

Sounds wonderful!!
Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

Sage Ravenwood said...

My mother used to make buttermilk, not the same as churning butter, but it was a process. Thank you for your positive words my dear hippy sister. Your right arm in arm there is nothing that we can't handle. I need to start walking with Pickles again, now that a greater share of the home improvements are done. Each time I go out, I'm going to think each step I take is one for you. (Hugs)Indigo

Lori said...

That looks great! I love home made breat and butter. My mother used to churn butter, too, and she still has her mom's old butter churn. Btw, whenever I hear that song I think it's going to be "Werewolfs of London". Remember that old song? I think they sound similar.

betty said...

bread looks delicious! I want that recipe for honey butter; also sounds delicious!

too bad we don't live closer together; I'd be your walking buddy :)

betty

LIZ said...

THE BREAD LOOKS DELICIOUS!! I DONT DO MUCH BAKING AT ALL MAYBE A FEW COOKIES HERE AND THERE FOR THE KIDS.

TAKE CARE, LIZ

Paula said...

I use to have to turn the churn for my mama and I hated it. Also hated sitting on the thingy they made ice cream in. My hiney got cold from that ice. Had to sit on it to hold it steady while someone turned the handle. Your bread looks very good.

Gerry said...

I have read all the entries here now and just had to comment on this delicious bread one, takes me back to country living. Our dad would not let us serve store bought bread at his table, so the breadmaking went on forever. Honey butter sounds delicious! I have been chasing stone ground whole wheat flour all over town so I can make my carrot cake, but this time with dried apricots instead of dates! Doc will probably protest since he loves the date kind. Anything to make you feel better. That would do the trick! Gerry

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!