Tuesday, October 14, 2008

to much BBC and looking a head



I do not usually ask the girls to do much around the house. Today Amber's chore was to sweep and mop all the floors in the house. No big deal. Then I was walking down the hallway and there stood Amber with buck of bleach water, comet and her rubber gloves. Amber said "Look at this loo. There is stale pee all over it. I have my biological powder and some bleach. It is time to clean the loo!" Oh I need to block the BBC.

Today was the day I had to take my birth certificate down to the public aid office. I must say that my case worker is very nice. There are only two concerns for me. One is that he said you don't look very sick, and this could take a few months to get approved because we are very back logged. Oh pray that all of this goes quickly and smoothly. I can't wait a few months. I will be out of some my meds by the end of the month! I can afford them, but I don't have a doctor to write another prescription. So the cycle will begin again!

Tomorrow we have a interview with a place called regional center. Regional center works with handi cap people. The case worker said that Ryan's case should be open and shut since we have documentation that he is mentally retarded. We are not trying to get money out of the system, or anything like that. We are looking into the future for Ryan. Tomorrow will be step one. We are applying for this form of medical coverage that is not based our income, but rather on Ryan's needs. Once we get approved for this medical he can stay on it for the rest of his life.

A few times over the last few months the subject of Ryan has come up. One time Amber and Nikki looked at me and said "don't worry we will take care of Ryan." Is that fair? Is it fair for the girls and their future husbands to be responsible for Ryan?

These are question that are to soon to answer. So for now we are going to ensure that no matter what happens to Rusty and I Ryan will have all of his medical needs taken care of.

I am going off my spending diet for one day. Nikki just gave me the flyer for the Christmas in a shoe box. This year I am going to pack a box for a little boy. What you do is stuff a shoe box full of stuff and then an organization sends the boxes to Haiti. I have some sot wheels, toothbrush and toothpaste. I even made a small quilt with no batting. I need to go buy some flip flop, and some other stuff that is on the list. I think this is for a good cause, so I am going to stuff a box and pray that it will be a blessing to some little boy.

I need a bath, and to get my body into bed.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

thats funny, i never heard anyone say "the loo", lol..thats a nice idea the box thing, I hope everything works otu with everything ur trying to do, goodluck and have a nice day :)

Traci said...

I can't believe he said you don't look very sick. I would have been outraged! My friend's son had a brain tumor - you think he looked sick?! That infuriates me!
Good to get things organized for your son.

Pamela said...

I think it's great you are trying to insure Ryan's future needs. My Dad did not do that with my brother, so he lives with me. He's not really mentally retarded...but he is challenged.
Our church did that with shoeboxes one year. I filled one for a little girl. I loved doing it! A Barbie fits perfect in a shoebox! LOL!
Have a good day.
Pam

Sage Ravenwood said...

I think everyone is getting a little too much BBC. Paul texted the other day and said what's up mate. My reply was do I look British to you? Could of been channeling some Australian guy for all I know.

When it comes down to it, everyone will do what needs to be done to take care of Ryan. I think it's great your taking the steps to make it easier in the event that happens. I'm not talking about it that way though...you've been in my prayers on the smoke, I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts and a full recovery. You my dear will never go down without a fight. (Hugs)Indigo

Lori said...

I agree with Traci, I think I'd have burst into tears or into rage, one or the other when the worker said I didn't "look" sick. Oh well, I guess it's good you kept your temper. I hope all goes well in that regard for you and for the medical aid for Ryan. I think it's great that your girls are thinking about the future and that they may need to step up to the bat for their brother, but it's also great that you and Rusty are taking steps to ensure that he is taken care of. No one knows what the future holds, but your girls are good, good girls, and they're learning so many good life lessons for you, that I know they will be there for Ryan if and when he needs them.

betty said...

tell Amber when she's through with the loo at your place, I have 3 loos here that would love her gentle touch

geesh, that lady at the hospital!! I'm praying for you

you are doing good with finding out what services are available for Ryan; its admirable that the girls want to take care of him, at the same time it is good to know what your options are

betty

About Me

My photo
lake elsinore, ca
I am a stay at home mom. I am also married to a veteran and he is the love of my life. I keep it real here and I hold nothing back. My life is a roller coaster ride, so strap on your seatbelt.... here we go!